The Mechanical Contractors Association of Hamilton:
- Is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1966
- Has a membership of over 70 companies including associate and life members, and represents through collective agreement responsibilities, member and non-members Mechanical Contractors in the Hamilton-Brantford area, who are signatory to the agreement between MCA Ontario and the United Association Ontario Provincial Pipe Trades Council (UA Local 67).
- Is governed by the members through a volunteer Board of Directors consisting of elected officers and appointed member representatives from each member company.
- Has included in its membership small, medium, and large companies.
- Is the voice of the Unionized Mechanical Contractor to Regional, Municipal, Provincial and Federal government bodies, with the support of its affiliates, MCAO (Mechanical Contractors Association of Ontario) and MCAC (Mechanical Contractors Association of Canada).
- Is committed to investigation and education regarding employer-employee policy, sound and harmonious bargaining with Union Representatives, compilation of studies and surveys to assist its membership, promotion and improvement of tendering methods, increasing the skills and knowledge of its membership through educational offerings and administration of Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee.
- Is an accredited employers organization under the Labour Relations Act.