||The Estimator is responsible for assisting in the preparation and documentation of cost estimates. Prepares quantity take-offs on materials, identifies requirements for purchased or leased equipment or subcontracted work as required in the bid tendering process. The Estimator is responsible for utilizing proper procedures and available tools in the preparation of an estimate.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, however, other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Builds and maintains a positive working relationship with the owners and owner's agents, in support with the Business Acquisition department, by becoming familiar with project and recognizing owner's proposal requirements
- Participates in the estimating process
- Assists in preliminary pricing of quantities and assists in preparation of General & Special Conditions cost estimate
- Reviews bonding and insurance requirements under the direction of the Chief Estimator
- Attends meetings, including pre-tender, bid strategy, pricing review and subcontractor scope review
- Understands the labour requirements for the project. Must obtain correct labour rates and appropriate "add-ons" (e.g. labour burdens, small tools, insurances, and bonding) to be used in preliminary pricing of quantities.
- Completes Bid Day tasks including, solicitation of subcontractors/suppliers, subcontractors/suppliers bid analysis, assisting the Chief Estimator, delivering bid before specified closing time, and maintaining confidentiality of subcontractor/supplier bid pricing
- Participates in turnover meetings to operations
- Participates in buy-out process on successful bids, under the direction of the Chief Estimator
- Develops and maintains relationships with key subcontractors and suppliers to ensure competitive pricing
- Interprets project drawings and specifications, analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documents
- Addresses addendums, change orders, etc.
- Performs customer proposal follow-up
- Develops familiarity with the ACL Cost Control system
- Recognizes safety as a top priority of the organization
- Wears personal protective equipment on the project site
- Adheres to Alberici Quality Management System
- Adheres to policies and procedures
- Delivers professional customer service
- Adopts a teamwork approach and willingly supports coworkers
|Post-secondary degree/diploma in Engineering, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Construction Management or related field plus 3 to 5 years experience in estimating with some knowledge in heavy industrial; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
& Mental Skills:
- Practices good communication skills
- Reads, analyzes and interprets documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Writes routine reports and correspondence
- Effectively presents information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Applies concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions
- Interprets an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deals with several abstract and concrete variables
- Organizes and manages time, duties and activities efficiently
|Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
||Actively pursuing C.E.T. and/or GSC
||Physical Demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Frequently required to stand and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
||The office work environment provides a safe and healthy environment, is adequately heated and cooled, is free from exposure and extreme conditions, has appropriate lighting and office furnishings, and is smoke-free and drug-free. When completing project site visits, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions.
|How To Apply:
||Applications / resumes can be forwarded to:
Sevan Golding, firstname.lastname@example.org
~ or ~
Jessie Chaves Vieira, email@example.com